Mental Access to MTKuszek

Mental Access to MTKuszek
A Window of Opportunity

Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/10 reflections on CotC

the 163rd day...

i've been attending this convention in Hudson, Ohio that happens around the middle of October called Con on the Cob for the past two years. it ends my yearly convention schedule, and i have to say it's becoming one of my most favorite cons of the year.

this year i had three events lined up to run; a game for Dread called "I've got a Bloodstained Ticket", our awesome Clash of the Kaiju tabletop monster game, and my signature game Qags-in-a-Bag.

the first game to kick off the con was my Dread game, and was really the one i was most concerned about. i spent weeks working on the particulars of this scenario, and overall i thought the game went well, but could be better. about a 7 out of 10, but it'll get better with repeated runs.

Clash was our Saturday game, and after requesting a high traffic area, we had our table full. it was probably the most success with drawing players in, and with us handing out t-shirts people ate it up.

sunday, though pressed for time, i ran my qags in a bag game. again i pride myself on having no duplicates after three years of games. did a high epic fantasy game, which again was weird and lacking in combat. i need to be more formulaic in my efforts this coming year.

so after a job well done, i put my mind on the shelf, giving it a week of at least to rest and not be creative. it's been nice, but occasionally there is a twinge of creativity that goes on that i have to stop and tell my brain to chill and relax.

more to come soon.

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment