Mental Access to MTKuszek

Mental Access to MTKuszek
A Window of Opportunity

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

08/03/2010 Why I Hate the Mall

the 83rd Day

my family and i went to the mall yesterday because my oldest need some new clothes for school and she's growing like a weed.

there is a small playground area around the end of one of the anchor stores that is designated for small kids. there are rules posted at the entrance of the park, stating that you can be bigger that 42 inches tall and you have to be supervised by an adult. so i send my little 3 year old in, and she starts to have a good time.

however, that was short lived. a mom with four kids came in and dropped her kids so that she could "get her shop on". now i'm not going to comment much on anything about this mom and her kids other than they fit "a certain stereotype" and were being complete terrors. one of the kids was probably 11 years old, and the four kids began running around all crazy like and "near missing" the other children.

now, i really wanted to say something to these kids, but i didn't, probably because it wasn't my place to say anything. also my brain analyzed the situation and told me that if i was to say something stern to these kids, the mom would come back and play the racism card.

so i remained silent. the last thing i need is to have to deal with an unpleasant closed minded person.

it's good to know that i'm a good parent and actually discipline my kids to tell them what's good behavior and what is unacceptable. i wish all parents were this way.


MK

No comments:

Post a Comment