Mental Access to MTKuszek

Mental Access to MTKuszek
A Window of Opportunity

Sunday, December 19, 2010

12/19/2010 Netflixin'

the 212th day...


A few months ago I started up a Netflix account, and I have the instant streaming feature for several of the devices in the house. I’ve bben using it a lot lately, having little time for everything else, and I have to say it is both enriching and destructive.

Allow me to explain.

There are several films that I have seen in my lifetime that I have already seen and didn’t understand in my youth, some that I have heard about and never seen, and some that are train wrecks that I just need to see for myself. Having said that, here are the movies that I have watched, in order, for the past two months.

From Beyond: a lovecraft movie that I began watching on Chill, then watched completely on netflix. Interesting plot devices, but you can tell when they had to start relying on nudity and gore when the plot became too weak.

Harvie Crumpet: claymation film about a man’s calamity stricken life, and proves that life is what you make of it.

Wrestlemaniac: a film starring Rey Mysterio Sr, and one of the girls who holds a case on Deal or No Deal. Story about a demented luchador freak/ military project. It would’ve been nice if the characters were likeable enough to root for their survival. You know it’s a bad movie when the first line of the movie is Dirty Sanchez related. (yeesh)

1984 [nineteen eighty four]: a adaptation of george orwell’s novel, and one that I remember seeing bits and pieces in my youth. Not a bad movie, I guess, but the book was better, I guess. Interesting visuals. I should add this and watch “Brazil” back to back to in case I need reference to utilitarian existences.

Equus: I had heard about this movie, told to stay away from it, and yet I watched it. The psychological profile of a boy whose concept of spirituality and sexuality become twisted and intertwined with a “horse god” he himself fashioned, then blinds the horses for his own “sins” I wonder now about the Richard Griffiths/ Daniel Radcliffe stage version.

Suspiria: I just started watching this movie, heard it was a cult classic horror film, and apparently there are a few questions and answers in the board game “Goth” about this film, so I’m inclined to watch. Surreal visuals add to this horror thriller. I’ll have to see how this one ends.

A friend told me about this movie called “Human Centipede” and again told me how bad it was. Guess what movie I’m watching next…

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment